(Matthew 24:12) And because iniquity shall be multiplied, the love of the many shall wax cold. (24:13) But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved. (24:14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.
I think a page has turned and we are writing the last chapter of a book that has been in progress for several thousand years. I’ve struggled with this concept, that we truly are in the last days. And this has little, if anything, to do with the dire predictions of those who adhere to the Mayan calendar. This is more about man’s absurd arrogance and delusions of invincibility.
It seems to me that a black fog of ignorance, like a virus has spread over the entire world. It is global and pandemic. Over the past few months I’ve watched in wonder as things that do not make sense have completely been allowed to take over.
For example, no one seems to care that Japan is dying because the tsunami that devastated the Fukushima nuclear power plant on March 11, 2011 is old news. We only pay attention to what is being reported in the here and now because not only do we have very short attention spans we have been carefully groomed to believe what we are presented with; just like in a movie, we can only digest things in two hour increments. Deadly radiation spewing out into the air and water, well, what is that to us anyway? Don’t pay attention to that because it might interrupt commerce. So people are dying, fish, beef and grains are poisonous. Commerce must continue! Ignore it, it will go away! The advisability of building nuclear power plants on an active volcanic island should not be challenged! Science rules!
In fact, as I ponder all the crazy things no one is paying attention to, my mind is a swirl of conundrums that simply cannot be easily explained, if at all. Here are some, in no particular order:
• Your government cares about your health and well being
• Scientists are smart and always working to better the world
• It is way smarter to trust science fiction than to believe in God
• You can trust politicians because they always tell the truth
• You can trust religious leaders because they always tell the truth
• When lies are revealed to be lies, you can and should trust the new lies that replace them
• Pay attention to movie stars because they are glamorous so they know everything
• Tolerance is good and any other opinion will not be tolerated
• Diversity means all things different must be tolerated unless it isn't on the list of things considered Diverse
• Drug companies just want people well and living longer
• Modern technology can only and always will be used for good and never used for evil
People, in general, prefer to believe what sounds good and right instead of engaging their own brains to question what simply doesn’t add up.
The day of correction is coming though. This you can trust.