This is when I say some loving words about dads. Allow me to be frank, if not crude here, I am not referring to sperm donors. No. What I want to bring some deserved attention to are the real men who step up and take care of the children given to them regardless the circumstances.
These are those:
• Who do whatever the job calls for no matter how tough or thankless it seems sometimes.
• Who pace back and forth at two am, colicky baby on a tired shoulder, even though he has to get up and go to work in a few hours.
• Who go to work and provide for their families, sometimes two jobs if necessary, putting his own desires aside for as long as it takes.
• Who take every opportunity to spend time with their kids, reading to, teaching how, sharing, kissing boo-boos, answering toy phones, sipping pretend tea, building lego space ships, dancing with, laughing with, mentoring in as many life skills he knows.
• Who are strong to discipline and hold accountable in the short term for the sake of a good long-term.
• Who never stops fathering even if he lives somewhere else.
• Who never allows any other relationship to supersede the love he has for his child.
• Who never puts the value of money and possessions above his child’s best interests.
And if the kid(s) he is fathering does not share his DNA...
* He does his job as though he never understood DNA anyway.
Happy Dad’s Day to all the men who are real father’s, you are the true heroes.