Friday, March 17, 2017

Luck?



As a practicing Christian, who has faith that Christ is invested in my welfare, I must admit that I do not believe in luck. Luck implies that the universe and all that exists in it, is dependent upon a mindless element of chance. 

That’s just not good enough for me.

Not wanting my now and future to be determined by nothing more than mathematical odds, I choose to believe that every hair on my head is numbered, my DNA is specifically and beautifully sequenced. I can depend on this not just because of faith for my now’s and future’s but because of all my been there’s. If history is the best teacher, I can do the math and come to the sum total conclusion that my every step, and misstep, every right and wrong, every good and bad choice, has been measured by the One who knows from beginning to end. 

Because I trust that while I fall far afield from perfect, I don’t have to depend on my perfect moves to see me through the chaos and challenges of living because Christ in me is perfect and He is the author of all things possible. All things means I am never dependent on mere capricious happenstance. I am totally reliant on Him to get me to the other side, to the end of all battles, to the calm after the tempest. 

This does not mean there is always a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow but it does mean there is always a  rainbow after the storm. 

There is no arguing that being Christian in this humanist age is tantamount to declaration of war. It’s not only our personal individual battles now, it’s so much bigger and really it comes down to learning the lessons of all the challenges and hardships that get thrown in our paths. How do we handle this? Do we armor up and understand that what we want is not the goal? If you are an open vessel of God, you listen, obey and trust. If you are prompted by Him and not just by your own will, you find not only the process but the outcome may not be what you thought it would be but it will be the best possible because He knows from beginning to end.

Luck has nothing to do with it.

For Him,
Meema


(Hebrews 11:1) Now faith is assurance of [things] hoped for, a conviction of things not seen.  



No comments:

Post a Comment