Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easter 2021

 




So much to say. So much I have to/want to say. But it feels as though everything is jammed up in a long neck bottle turned upside down as I try desperately to shake it out.


I guess I'll start by saying, I don't recall Easter 2020. I have no memories of who of my family gathered together or what we ate. I can make assumptions based on our history. But on Easter Sunday last year, I was still grieving my sister's death on Palm Sunday, just seven days earlier. The covid hysteria had just begun to rev up and life as we knew it was teetering on the brink of falling over the edge. In spite of my sadness over my sister I was truly grateful she was beyond all the madness. Every dark cloud does truly have a silver lining.


But this year, having witnessed, first hand, the world slowly dissolve into chaos as the new normal, I am definitely reminded of quite a few Scriptures that seem to apply as current events unfold. 


Isaiah 5:20 - Woe unto them that call evil good, and                                        good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!


Luke 12:52-56 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. 53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 54 And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is. 55 And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass. 56 Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?


But, in the middle of it all, regardless how the daily headlines cleverly skew and twist the truth and thereby manipulate the narrative, regardless how easily so many fall for what is just a Great Delusion, there is a constant anyone who chooses to cling to, can. 


While Easter has long been plagiarized by those who also stole the true meaning of Christmas in the name of the god of commerce, one unchangeable truth remains: In spite of what mankind does or does not do, six words sum up all I really need to say:


It is finished. He is risen. 


Mother Eartha can say the rest for me.




For Him,

Meema







1 comment: