Sunday, April 10, 2022

The Power of Prayer and Faith



I venture to submit that those who claim to be surrendered Christians can no longer ignore that the war with dark principalities has gone from smoldering in the shadows to bursting into flames all around us. 


The war on all foundational laws of decency and morality is now being fought in the open. If I trusted worldly media or had a shallow wavering faith I might be worried that evil could possibly win this. 


But my faith is tough and I'm armored up. Some of this claim might be attributable to experience - having lived through many tough times to reach the other side. I can't say for sure how, why, or when it happened but once I passed through the threshold of having faith with no reservations I found I could let go of those fears that kept me from believing and trusting that faith is the goal and not just a means to an end. 


When we arrive at the place where our trust in God's perfect will is the endgame even though it might not be what we think we want, we float free of the worldly ties that bind us. 


But regardless how spiritually mature we are, we are humans and still have desires and so we pray and conclude as Christ did in the Garden, even so... Thy will be done


There is another angle by which to look at this though.


God could have made robots who simply do as they are programmed to do. Certainly satan is all in on that and is working overtime to make that a reality. Instead, God gave us free will and the opportunity to choose Him over anything else. What He wants is for us to participate with Him in the process of our becoming. He takes the 999 steps - we just have to take the one big one to Him.


In order to participate, though, we have to be open, willing vessels, allowing that He is the potter as we are merely the clay. When our spiritual senses are fine-tuned to the still small voice, we pay attention and obey even if we aren't sure what the grand plan is. The call to prayer is like a call to battle. He knows the outcome but we don't so our choice to participate is on us. That's when miracles show up, at least what humans define as miracles. We call it 'answered prayer' but I think it would be better named  - 'answered call'.


During the first week of April 2022, a call went out that quickly reached an army of prayer warriors whose earnest petitions filled the Throne with sweet incense for successful surgery on my left eye attempting to slow the process of glaucoma.


The success of the surgery is optimistic and still being monitored but my faith assures me that whatever the outcome, all is as it should be according to God's plan. 


I have two things to conclude this with - one, my heartfelt thanks to all who prayed for the best outcome and, two, a closer look at what can be accomplished when two or more gather in His name. 


God works in mysterious ways and layers that we often cannot understand. What if the health of my eye was not the only object of the exercise? 


[spoiler alert] Evil does not get to win this war in the end. What we don't know is how each battle here in the middle unfolds based on how many respond to the call to be willing warriors in God's army.


Based on the daily headlines, I recommend we keep the incense strong at the Throne by praying without ceasing now. 


For Him,

Meema


Revelation 8:2-4



 

1 comment: