Sunday, October 23, 2016

Obamacareless


I’d really rather write about lovely philosophical ponderings but sometimes I have to say tough words. I acquired and fine-tuned this skill while raising teenagers. That’s another topic for later - for now, I just need to vent.

I’m somewhat conservative and not given to sudden outbursts but of late I just want to stand in the middle of the room and scream. When the brightest of the bright, or so they wish us to believe, were debating the credits and debits of Obamacare, I quietly said - “It cannot work and we have the British NHS as our precedent.” I also said - “They know it won’t work. What they want is single payer, government run healthcare so they can tell us what to eat, how much to weigh, how much to exercise - or....be refused healthcare.” 

Even little old me could see it way back when our newly elected representatives, who campaigned and won on promises to stand up to Executive overreach, proved to be liars, cowards and and betrayers of the trust of those who elected them. 

And I’ve never been accused of being brightest of the bright. 

But how difficult is it to see what was and is and therefore likely to be? Why, now that the system is imploding right and left, no one asks, ”Who wasn’t bright enough to see this coming?” Those who insisted this would be the best thing since sliced bread now seem shocked. It just needs tweaking, you know...

Uh huh.

Are the liars really shocked? Or just lying again? 

Hindsight seems so futile, except it can teach us valuable lessons - if we are paying attention. To say, I told you so rings a bit tinny. I’d rather say - liberty is a word that can be redefined just as any other. All it takes is a compliant population who still thinks the government just wants us to be healthy.

What is the opposite of hindsight? Forwardsight? Here’s a glimpse at our near future healthcare -

For Him,
Meema

No comments:

Post a Comment